You can automatically track analytics via Buffer, including the number of clicks on a URL in your social media post and the number of “likes” and shares. Following are directions on how to do both. Tracking the full stats is a bit trickier than our other integrations, but you can do it!
Note: You only choose one of these options within a project, so we suggest setting up a Custom URL Tracker to track the number of clicks if you want to do both.
How to Track the Number of Clicks to a URL Within Your Social Media Post
- Integrate your Buffer account via the Settings button.
- Navigate to your Buffer account and click on the Analytics tab.
- Copy the buff.ly URL within your tweet
- Create or edit a project in your PlanIT. Navigate to the Integrations section and click on the green button under Buffer.
- Enter a name and paste the buff.ly URL within the Post ID section; click the blue Update Project button.
- Edit the project to view the number of people who clicked on the url.
How to Track All Buffer Stats
You can track all Buffer stats within a project, but it is a bit more complicated than our other integrations. You can handle it! Here’s how.
- Navigate to your Buffer page and click on the Analytics tab.
- If you use Windows, right-click on the post you want to track; if you use a Mac, two-finger-click on your trackpad. Click on Inspect in the drop-down window.
- This will open a window showing all sorts of code. Don’t panic. Select the post you want to track, and you’ll see a series of lines that start with <li id=”update- …. Click on the lines until the post you want to track is highlighted. Copy the code that follows the words “update- line.
- Create or edit a project in your PlanIT
- Scroll down to the Buffer integration and select the green ADD button.
- Enter a name and paste the code into the Post id section. Scroll down and hit the blue Update Project button.
- High five! All of your Buffer stats are now automatically tracked in your Project!
Have you signed up for your beta account yet? Build your marketing plan, create a content calendar, plan out your editorial calendar, and more!