You can automatically track analytics via Buffer, including the number of clicks on a URL in your social media post and the number of “likes” and shares. Following are directions on how to do both. Tracking the full stats is a bit trickier than our other integrations, but you can do it!
Note: You only choose one of these options within a project, so we suggest setting up a Custom URL Tracker to track the number of clicks if you want to do both.
How to Track the Number of Clicks to a URL Within Your Social Media Post
- Integrate your Buffer account via the Settings button.
- Navigate to your Buffer account and click on the Analytics tab.
- Copy the buff.ly URL within your tweet
- Create or edit a project in your PlanIT. Navigate to the Integrations section and click on the green button under Buffer.
- Enter a name and paste the buff.ly URL within the Post ID section; click the blue Update Project button.
- Edit the project to view the number of people who clicked on the url.
How to Track All Buffer Stats
You can track all Buffer stats within a project, but it is a bit more complicated than our other integrations. You can handle it! Here’s how.
- Navigate to your Buffer page and click on the Analytics tab.
- If you use Windows, right-click on the post you want to track; if you use a Mac, two-finger-click on your trackpad. Click on Inspect in the drop-down window.
- This will open a window showing all sorts of code. Don’t panic. Select the post you want to track, and you’ll see a series of lines that start with <li id=”update- …. Click on the lines until the post you want to track is highlighted. Copy the code that follows the words “update- line.
- Create or edit a project in your PlanIT
- Scroll down to the Buffer integration and select the green ADD button.
- Enter a name and paste the code into the Post id section. Scroll down and hit the blue Update Project button.
- High five! All of your Buffer stats are now automatically tracked in your Project!
Have questions on how to use PlanITPDQ? Just reach out – we always have time for you. For more tips on using PlanITPDQ, visit the PlanITPDQ How To page.
Have you signed up for your beta account yet? Build your marketing plan, create a content calendar, plan out your editorial calendar, and more!
Made for Marketing Calendar Managers
Start your account on PlanITPDQ and get started creating your marketing calendar in five minutes. Customize it to fit your needs. Easy.