You can track Google Analytics pageviews on any URL you manage via Google Analytics. You must have a Google Analytics account, and you must connect it to your PlanIT via Settings.
Step One: Connect Google Analytics to your PlanIT.
- Fin your Google Analytics View ID by going to your Google Analytics account and clicking on the Admin wheel in the lower left hand of the nav bar.
- Click on View Settings.
- Make sure that the URL for the view is the same as the URL you are tracking (http:// vs. https:// ; with or without the www.) Copy the View ID.
- Hint: make sure that you have created your PlanIT using the same email address that you have used to create your Google Analytics account.
- Return to PlanITPDQ and click on the Settings gear in the upper right hand of the PlanITPDQ navigation bar.
- Scroll down to Integrations, select Google Analytics, and enter your View ID as a default setting.
Step Two: Track Google Analytics pageviews for a project
- Create a new project, or edit an existing one.
- Choose a start and end date of when you want to start tracking the page views; by clicking TODAY in the end date, your PlanIT will automatically refresh to the current date to give you up-to-the-minute counts.
Grab the URL from the webpage that you want to track, and copy the slug following the last slash and enter it in the URL field.
- Click on the blue ADD button
- When you return to the Project page, click on the blue Save button.
- To track your stats, simply click on the project from your main PlanIT timeline to see the Pageview stats. That’s it! Easy!