You can track Google Analytics pageviews on any URL you manage via Google Analytics. You must have a Google Analytics account, and you must connect it to your PlanIT via Settings.
- Make sure that you have created your PlanIT using the same email address that you have used to create your Google Analytics account.
- Click on the Settings gear in the upper right hand of the PlanITPDQ navigation bar.
- Scroll down to Integrations, select Google Analytics, and follow the instructions.
- Note that you can enter your View ID as a default setting. See below how to find your View ID.
Track Google Analytics pageviews for a project
- Create a new project, or edit an existing one.
- Choose a start and end date of when you want to start tracking the page views; by clicking TODAY in the end date, your PlanIT will automatically refresh to the current date to give you up-to-the-minute counts.
- In the Integrations settings, enter the name you’d like to display on your PlanIT. Enter the Google Analytics View ID. You can find this by going to your Google Analytics account, and clicking on the Admin wheel in the lower left hand of the nav bar.
- Click on View Settings, copy the View ID number, and paste it into the View ID field in the project
- Make sure that the URL for the view is the same as the URL you are tracking (http:// vs. https:// ; with or without the www.)
- Grab the URL from the webpage that you want to track, and copy the slug following the last slash and enter it in the URL field.
- Scroll down and click on the blue Update Project button
- Click on the project in your PlanIT to see the Pageview stats. That’s it! Easy!
- Note that you can enter your View ID in your settings – this will make the View ID the default for every new project. You can easily override it if you want to track a post or page with a different View ID.